Saturday 29 February 2020

The Night Before - Day 21

Today was a recovery day for me, spent a lot of it just trying to relax after walking do much yesterday and just being pretty tired.

Done some laundry and called some of my family to talk. I'm pretty much packed and ready to go so that's good. After a few hours I went for one last walk around Alpedrete, for old times sake I suppose. Took some pictures and just took it all in one more time. 

I went to a local restaurant for dinner as I planned, they basically know me there I'd say in the case of some of the staff. Food was good enough, generally just enjoyed the moment of it. 

Came home and continued to try and just relax before tomorrow, while I can't wait to get home I am not looking forward to the airport. I have very few problems with flying, airports are a whole different thing. 

I think I made the best of the time here, while I didn't go out exploring every day I did do what I wanted to do for the most part. The teaching was the best part but seeing Madrid was an experience, particularly yesterday on my own. 

Ava (the homeowner) told me I'll always be welcome here and that if I'm ever coming back over to just reach out so I can stay here, even with friends. We agreed that if she comes back to Ireland and has time we'd try meet up which is nice, it's good to have global contacts and connections.

She loved the flowers thankfully and so did her cat. I popped back into the florist to tell her how much the flowers were appreciated and she was very happy about that. 

Well, tomorrow's the big day. 

Until the final installment. 
- Reece
Some flower appreciation. 

I don't know how it got like this but I wasn't missing the photo op. 

Gotta have a nice sky picture of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment