Sunday 23 February 2020

what’s a gominola? - day 15

Well well well, the end of week two is already upon us! the time is going by SO quickly. I really can’t get my head around how differently time passes here in Spain, it’s nothing like at home. Days only feel about 10 hours long here, not 24. I really cannot wait to get back home into my own bed. 

Today Laura and I went into Madrid to do some shopping, and it was a nice and peaceful day. We didn’t get up to much. In one shop we went into, Ale-Hop, we found little animal keychains that light up and make noise when you press them. All the animals made normals skins except for one - the giraffe. It makes such a horrible screeching sound that Laura and I found hilarious. We were crying laughing in the shop pressing these little giraffes. Probably really annoyed all of the staff there too, sorry guys :(( I bought one of the giraffes and it became a running joke between us to press it in large groups of people. 

On the metro back we were in tears again making the giraffe scream down the carriage and getting weird stares from people. In Moncloa station, we went to a sweet shop before grabbing the bus. One of the signs under a box of sweets said ‘gominola’ and I asked out loud, “what the hell is a gominola?” which started another laughing fit as Laura pointed out that all the boxes said that, not just one. We had a right giggle today :)

Tomorrow we’re back in school with the 7s, and hopefully we can make some good progress on their stories!! 

Til then,

Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment