Saturday 22 February 2020

Retiro Park is pretty crowded - Day 14

Today was my first time at Retiro Park, I wasn't able to go last time unfortunately. It was massive and the weather was very good for it, a bit too warm for my liking but nonetheless we endured.

We rented bikes and rode them around the park for an hour, I hadn't been on a bike in several years but it all came back just like riding... Oh wait. The amount of people who kept getting in the way was a bit frustrating but what can you expect when in a public park on a Saturday, at least I didn't fall off the bike.

We had been in Madrid for some time after we returned the bikes. We made our way back to an Irish pub where we had food that was too familiar not to be good. I think we all enjoyed that meal to say the least.

Following that we walked and talked, got ice cream and after wandering for hours and seeing more of Madrid we eventually decided to head home. The bus to Alpedrete was a wait, so we walked around Moncloa for the first time. Its a nice enough place but not very exciting.

After such a tiring day it is good to be back in the house. I don't know if I'll go to Madrid again tomorrow with them because I'm very drained and I also have things I need to do myself but I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

My legs and back are so gonna hurt tomorrow after the cycle and walking so much.



Some moments captured from the day, a statue in the park, a street we walked down and a crowd dancing to music.

Until the next installment.
-Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment