Monday 24 February 2020

The Adventures of a Tired College Student in Spain - Day 16

In school we continued the story writing with the year 7s. One group of boys even finished theirs, Ciara and I read through it and while it was very dark it was undoubtedly good. We just told them we'd have some corrections for them the next day.

One student had been out and we had to get his group to catch him up. Another group continues to be fascinated by us, asking us to speak Irish and similar things. I'd say its partially curiosity but not without the motive of getting out of work. I remember what it was like being their age after all so I can't blame them but they're definitely going enjoying the classes, we've been told by the teachers too which is a big reassurance for me and I'm sure Ciara.

After that I tried to attempt college work because I wanted to get more done but I honestly couldn't stay awake. I tried to sleep for a bit and by the time I felt somewhat rested it was late in the evening. I haven't been sleeping well due to the house feeling so cold at night but I've gotten extra blankets.

I went out and got dinner in a local restaurant. The waiter was very good, the food was great. Since the waiter was nice and spoke some English I told him to take a bit out as a tip for himself from what I paid.

Overall not a terribly exciting day but it could always be worse. I for one am happy with the student's progress and look forward to getting back in to classes tomorrow.

Until the next installment.
- Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment