Sunday 1 March 2020

The Departure - Day 22

I don't know if there's a point to making this last entry but I thought I should.

I'm all packed and ready to go but we won't be leaving for another few hours. I'm looking forward to being home despite only having the one day before being back in college again, I'm sure having a schedule again will help though.

I've enjoyed my time here for the most part, as I mentioned before the teaching was the best. Madrid was so different to Dublin but I found humour in some of their similarities, mainly seeing how people are the same for the most part regardless of where you go. I'm proud of the work I got done here with the kids and of how even though I didn't learn the entire language, I managed to get by without any major issues.

I can see myself coming back in a few years maybe, I appreciate the opportunity I've been given and I think I made the best of it in my own way. I feel like I'm getting repetitive now.

I'm very happy with the feedback I received from the students and staff alike. I'll admit it's made me consider a path to teaching of some kind but I don't think it would be for me.

The town has been lovely and the people I have interacted with also. The staff at the local restaurant, the florist, all were very nice and helpful.

It's been an experience to say the least and one I won't forget. The time I spent in Alpedrete has helped me grow as a person in several ways. I'm not the same as I was when I arrived, which is good.

Thank you to everyone who helped me get here and during my stay. Its been an exciting chapter in my life.

I think a quote would sum this up nicely.
"A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts".

For the final time, thank you.
-Reece

The final picture I took Madrid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment