Wednesday 12 February 2020

soy un turista???? - day 4

Hola mi amigos:) Today wasn't a very busy day for us, as we don't have school on Wednesdays. I took today to myself to finish a college assignment in the morning, and I also visited Madrid again and had a little exploration of my very own. Madrid is such a pretty city to get lost in by yourself. Well, not lost in, but you know what I mean. It was really nice to be on my own and get to see and do whatever I wanted. It's impossible to get lost anywhere these days with google maps, and I've got just enough Spanish to get to where I need to go if I ever did really get lost. I'm starting to pick it up really quickly while I'm here, and my Spanish accent isn't half bad either, I'll have you know. I'm also pretty confident in my ability to navigate the bus/metro system in Moncloa and Sol by now. On the first day it was crazy complicated, and if it wasn't for Colin I'm certain I'd still be stuck in there now.

Shop workers in Madrid can be pretty intimidating because not many of them speak English (which surprised me a little to be honest, but how and ever). I went into a sock shop and all the workers there spoke English and helped me pick some funky socks out for my friends. They were so so nice and it made me feel a lot better about being in a place where I've been finding it somewhat difficult to communicate with the locals.

Not much else to document on today, tomorrow we're back in school with the kids which I'm excited about. I really enjoy being there with the kids, it makes me feel like I have a purpose while I'm here. I was super homesick on the first day but I've been getting better day by day.

Til tomorrow chicos y chicas,

Ciara 

No comments:

Post a Comment