Friday 21 February 2020

Go-Karts and Good Starts- Day 13

Both year groups started their short stories today. Each table wrote out the same thing but a different person was in charge of each paragraph.

While one wrote out the section, the others copied it so they would all have the same.
The year 7s were talkative but worked well enough. They were getting caught up on a few small parts but by the end of the class every group was making their story.

The year 8s were a bit more difficult, they needed help more than they should have in my opinion but we gave it to them nonetheless. The group with only two people in today actually finished the beginning of their story, we looked at it and while it was very impressive to be done so quickly, we agreed there was corrections necessary. We told them and they will make the changes needed next week.

I found myself quite tired today in class but it didn't get in the way of my job in the school. The students were very excited by me wearing the baby yoda shirt I told them about.

There are some students who seek to make the stories needlessly dark, involving murder and what not. I didn't know what else to say so when I was asked if anyone could be killed in the story I told them that a character can die but it has to serve the story and be a group decision.

Myself, Ciara and Laura went bowling and then into Madrid for go-karts. I won in bowling and it was my first time doing go-karts. I was admittedly anxious about a few things going in but decided to do it and take my mind off of everything. It was fun but had an extra layer of difficulty due to everything being in Spanish. Regardless it was a good time for all and we managed to catch the metro and bus home without incident. I was forced to try and make small talk with one of the taxi drivers and while I tried my best I was admittedly not able to understand most of what he was saying.

It's strange to think that today was the last classes we have with them this week. The final week will probably pass by like nothing, which has both positive and negative emotions tied to it for me but I am looking forward to going home, seeing my dog and my family.

These are the ground rules I wrote down and Ciara transferred to the board.

The three of us post go-kart racing.

Until the next installment.
- Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment