Friday 14 February 2020

Spelling Test and Alien Encounters - Day 6

With the year 7s the two of us had to review some of their alien stories and then go through them with the students.

The stories I got to read were enjoyable but I had to talk to the kids about their spelling, language consistency, pacing, and the like. One story in particular felt very derivative of a certain film and I was proven right.

Other stories had a wider vocabulary behind them, better spelling but at times felt disjointed and switched in tone quite suddenly.

The year 7s have an excellent imagination to say the least.

The year 8s had a spelling test and homework to be corrected. I've been feeling quite ill the last few days so I let Ciara take the spelling test task for today. I took notes on their results.

10/10 was the most common.
9 and 8 were the next and unfortunately one student had a 0.

They had to go through words, their meanings, their opposites and an example.
This was very funny and everyone had a laugh due to jokes such as "hypo"potemis and other attempted guesses.

We will begin being teachers next week!
Wish us luck.

Until the next installment.
- Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment