Thursday 27 February 2020

School's Out - Day 19

The day has come and gone, the final visit to the students here in Alpedrete.

We had them read out their group stories and the rest of the class reviewed it, giving comments and asking questions. Both teachers got involved but in different ways. The year 7 teacher was very good at complimenting each story and getting involved with the class. The darkest story was the most popular surprisingly. The year 8s teacher was more involved through constructive criticism and making sure that everyone was involved.

We gave the teachers and students sweets and chocolates as a thank you for having us, some key chains too. They were all very thankful for us being there and the kids wished for us to come back. Admittedly I was a bit sad to go, having gotten used to being in that environment.

We gave the groups time to ask us questions. Some were about writing (they asked me to go through the rest of the Arrival in summary, the stories I wrote and more), some were about Spain, others about Ireland and even a few were a too personal to answer (if ciara and I are related, since we're not then are we dating. Those were questions I was not expecting to say the least but I laughed it off and the teacher told them to stop).

The staff were very grateful to us and gave us tremendous feedback about how well we've done and how much the kids have opened up to the experience. I said my thank you's and goodbyes, dropped in my visitors ID and walked out.

The rest of the day was uneventful but how can you follow that? The others went go karting and I was going to go but I had an issue come up that I had to deal with. I think tomorrow I'm gonna try go into Madrid by myself, visit a few places and maybe let myself buy something. Should be fun and as long as the trains and buses are working I'll know what I'm doing.

Almost at the end now...

Until the next installment.
- Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment