Saturday 15 February 2020

lotta love for retiro park - day 7

Today Laura, Eloah and I spent the day in Madrid in Retiro Park. Originally we were going to just walk around the city because google had told us that the park was closed, but we decided to walk that way anyways just in case. Lo and behold, google had lied to us and the park was absolutely full of people. In Retiro Park there's a big lake that you can rent paddle boats on, and it's only €8 an hour???? Some deal. We queued up for about half an hour but it was honestly so worth it.


Monument outside Retiro Park


Me, Laura and Eloah by the lake in Retiro

After we finished on the boats, we walked around to try and find electric scooters to rent. after almost 20 minutes of searching we gave up and decided to head back towards Sol, only to accidentally find a bike shop that we could hire scooters from. We hired one each and went back into the park for another hour whizzing around on our scooters. They take off like jets the second you press the 'go' button and go as fast as 20km/h, which doesn't seem like its even that fast, but when surrounded by people walking it feels like you're flying. We had a couple incidents of almost crashing, including me driving my scooter down a flight of rocky stairs because I kept forgetting which button was which, and accelerated instead of braking. No injuries received - yet. Here's us on our scooters.



After we returned our scooters, we got McDonald's and then headed for our busses home. I can't get over how much better the Spanish McDonald's menu is compared to the Irish one. They serve wedges???? Unbelievable. 10/10 from me. I had such a good day today in Madrid with the girls, I'm really glad we finally got to hang out as I haven't seen them properly since the day we arrived here. Anyways, sleep is calling me, so I gotta go. Back tomorrow to update on my shenanigans :)))

Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment