Thursday 27 February 2020

brains left in the carlos sainz centre - day 19

Well, that’s a wrap folks. Our work here is done. Today we had our final two classes with the year 7s and 8s. They presented their stories to the class by having one kid from each group to stand at the top of the class and present the result of all their hard work the last 2 weeks. 

The quality of their stories was incredible and I’m super happy with the outcome of their work! It was an incredible experience to be a part of. I brought in sweets for the kids and their faces lit up more than they ever did during our lessons but either way, I know they enjoyed our company. At the end of both classes the kids had loads of questions for us about ourselves and what Ireland is like, and asking us to speak some Irish which of course I was only delighted to do, but it does have you on the spot trying to remember anything at all. 

After school, I dropped the rest of the kids worksheets back to Felicity and Andrew so they can continue the lessons if they want to. Laura and I went back to the gokart centre we went to last week and I crashed really hard into one of the barriers, never ever ever let me drive a car it was absolute carnage hahaha, but I’m fine... I think.... I also grabbed a t shirt from the centre too which is a nice little
memory :))

I’m just on the bus home now, and super tired. I can’t wait to get home into bed and conk out. We’ve no set plan for tomorrow but you’ll eventually see what we get up to !!

Talkche later,

Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment