Friday 14 February 2020

ex girlfriend hypo-potamus??? - day 6

feliz día de san valentín!:)) Today was a really nice day in school, and our last day as observers before we start to teach next week. In class this morning with the year 7s we read over some of their stories and sat with two kids who needed a little more help to perfect their story writing skills, but were otherwise still good. I think the year 7s have a better grasp of creative writing than the year 8s, as their standard of writing and inclusion of similes and metaphors as well as ability to depict scenes and describe things was much better.

With the year 8s I conducted their spelling test for the day. They had 10 words to spell, and most of their results were in the 9/10 or 10/10 category which was really impressive - although Andre did mention to us that most of the kids tend to just memorize their spelling for the test itself and don't actually implement correct spelling into their writing,which is a skill they'll need to work on. I did notice that a lot of the year 8s seem to spell 'want' and 'went' as 'whant' and 'whent', which I'll have to point out to them when we're teaching them again on Tuesday if the errors arise again. After their spelling test, Andrew did an exercise with them from their checkpoint book. The kids had to give the meanings of the prefixes post-, hyper-, ex- and pro- (and one more which I forget oops). They also had to give the prefixes' opposite, and an example of a word for each i.e. post-: after, pre, postnatal. When the prefix 'ex' was being discussed in class, one of the boys said 'oh, like ex-girlfriend?' which we all found really funny. When discussing the opposite of hyper-, hypo-, another boy asked if we meant hippopotamus (hypo-potamus) which got even more laughs. We all had a case of Friday giggles.

After school I came home and did some more work on a college assignment and then went out for a walk and took some photos with my camera. I met a really cute cat just as I left the house to go on my walk but she was pretty camera shy so I didn't get a good picture of her:( I let myself get a little bit lost in the town and found loads of little alleys and streets I never even knew were here. Here are some of my favourite pictures I got.. Usually I photograph people so I had to make do with what I could. Still, this town is super super pretty:)




Alpedrete's funky street lights


Little bookshelf I found outside a shop


A pretty little romanesque church


Probably my favourite picture that I took today


Door of the lil funky church


Another funky door


Shot of a little alley I came across

Between saving the pictures to my phone and uploading them here, they did lose a bit of their quality but I still like them enough to share. I'll get more photos tomorrow in Madrid :)

Buenos noches 

Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment