Monday 10 February 2020

school + madrid - day 2

This morning we went to the school we'll be teaching at for the first time. We were shown around by Andrew, whose class we'll be teaching. The school actually used to be a really big house before it was converted into a school which I think is really cool, because it looks nothing like a school. It's got a much more relaxed feelings to it than schools in Ireland which can feel like prisons at times. Only downside in my opinion is that the school is a little bit like a maze, but it's made up for by the fact that Andrew is really nice and showed us around, and there's also a mini golf course out in the yard??? How cool is that??? Irish schools could never.

After being shown around the school, Reece, Colin and I went into Madrid for the day. On the way in, our bus turned a corner too early and crashed into a street sign and one of the windows smashed, so we had to get off and wait for the next bus. Very exciting journey if you ask me. 



Colin gave us a mini tour and explained their metro and bus transport system to us for when we go in again on our own. I've never been to Madrid before, and it was so lovely to see it finally. It's such a beautiful city to walk around and just explore. We got really lucky with the weather too, it was clear skies and about 15/16 degrees while we were there. We didn't do any shopping or anything, but I made a list of places I want to go to when I go back. Here's some pictures of Madrid below:









(technically this photo is a little bit of a cheat because we hadn't left for madrid yet but shhhh)





It was really really nice to just walk around the city and take in all the pretty streets and the architecture. I'm not great with the names of all the streets but I'll try to keep a better record of them when I go back again so I can keep this blog as factual and informative as I can.

It's almost 8pm now, and we're meeting with Colin, Laura, Eloah and Ava for half to go for dinner together which I'm very excited for because I feel like I haven't eaten properly since I got here. Anyway, that's my cue to sign off for tonight. Tomorrow's entry will be about our first proper day at the school and what our plans are for teaching etc.. Until then, hasta luego cocodrilo!

Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment