Thursday 13 February 2020

día tranquilo - day 5

Today was a very quiet day all round. School was a breeze, and we were let go home early by Andrew as his year 8s really need to finish up their stories. Their deadline is tomorrow and some of the kids are really falling behind. Not that I blame them, creative writing isn't for everyone. There are some kids in the class that really stand out as creative writers, and I would love for them to nurture their talents as much as they can. That's what we're here for though, right? I would have loved to have something like this in primary school when we did our creative writing modules. Andrew's year 8s face a possible detention if they don't have their stories in by tomorrow which I find worrying, and I hope the few kids in mind pull through tonight with their stories. I offered help to some of them today when we sat outside and gave them individual feedback again like we did on Tuesday, but they insisted they were fine and I didn't want to hold them up from their writing any longer than was necessary. With a little push and a bit more attention I'm sure they'll do just fine.

The year 7s were also finishing up their stories today, so for the whole class we sat quietly and I took down the points Felicity wrote on the board for the kids to follow - I'll keep them in mind for when we take over with teaching the classes. Both year groups have spelling tests tomorrow. Andrew said we could be in charge of his year 8s spelling test which I'm excited for - call me nerdy but spelling tests were one of my favourite parts about Fridays in primary school... Okay, that definitely is nerdy... Just a little...

In other news, Colin went home today, so we've to brave the rest of our time here alone:( No one to guide us around and plan our days for us anymore ahaha. We haven't hung out with the girls yet at all since we got here on Sunday, but I think I already mentioned we had plans for the weekend in Madrid which I'm really looking forward to. 

After school today I had planned to go for a walk and take my camera out with me to get some photos, but as soon as I got in I decided to spend the rest of my day in bed watching some Netflix. As beautiful a town as it is, I'm not entirely inspired to take photos while I'm here - but I have started to write some poetry again which I haven't done properly in quite a while so I'm pretty happy about that:) I think I'll bring my camera with me next time I go to Madrid, but I'm just really paranoid about it getting lost or broken or stolen. When I eventually get out with it to take some funky snaps I'll include them here! I've been really enjoying updating this blog each day, which surprised me, because I thought I was going to find it kind of boring. I keep finding myself thinking 'oh, I can't wait to write about this later!'.. Maybe being a blogger is my true calling? Nothing even really happened today and this has been the longest blog post yet. I'll stop while I'm ahead and leave it here. Update you tomorrow on the kids' spelling tests.

Adioooooos

Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment