Thursday 20 February 2020

She can't have hobbies because she's depressed - Day 12

Development of characters was the focus of today's classes. The year 7s were very excited for the most part. The different groups worked together to craft who their protagonists were going to be, filling in different sections such as name, ages which were a given but there was also sections on personalities, hobbies and more.

The stories and characters were so different from each other and had their own feel to them. In particular one group made a story that was quite dark and the character was even more so. She was attempting to survive an epidemic and her family had already perished. An aspect of her character I found oddly amusing was for the hobbies section, it said she had none because "she's depressed".

The year 7s continue to show potential but I spoke to Ciara about how they are getting less receptive to direction and announcements.

The year 8s were surprisingly hard working for the most part today, even though they are not at the same level of enthusiasm as their younger counterparts.

They still struggle with concepts like hobbies but the two of us and their teacher explained and spelled what they needed us to.

Tomorrow they start writing their stories, each will be in charge of their own paragraph(s) which means spelling, punctuation and the like.

It is strange to think this is almost the end of the second week. I should enjoy it while it lasts I suppose. But I admit I am looking forward to going home.

I've spent most of the free time today trying to get college assignments done and I feel a bit better after having gotten some things completed or progressing them further. I ended up having a small conversation with some students about star wars and now they want me to wear my baby yoda shirt in tomorrow, I told them I'd think about it.


The descriptions of their characters from today's exercise.

Until the next installment.
- Reece

No comments:

Post a Comment