Sunday 9 February 2020

Saludos Desde Alpedrete! - day 1

Hola amigos... Cómo estás? Bien? Bien. It's 7:20pm on our first day here, and it's already been quite a day. Our flight out was at 6:25 so we're still pretty tired from the 4am start to our day, not to mention the lack of sleep on the plane because the turbulence was crazy. It felt like we were still on the ground driving over potholes in a car with no suspension. Still, we defied the odds and made it over in one piece. Here's a picture of me, Reece, Laura and Eloah when we landed in Madrid.



The subway from Nuevos Ministerios to Alpedrete was actually a really nice journey. It did take the better part of an hour but the scenery was enjoyable and Ava, the lady we're renting our rooms from, came to the station to pick us up - which I'm really thankful for because the wheels to my suitcase are broken :))) Our apartment is really nice and my bed is really comfortable so I'm gonna find it hard to leave here in the mornings to go to school. 

We're going tomorrow to meet with the students and be introduced to the teachers and be filled in on the run of things there. Reece and I will make lesson plans for the kids based around the graphic novel The Arrival by Shaun Tan. I've never taught any classes before, especially not to Spanish kids so I am kind of nervous to see how it goes but I'm sure we'll be grand. I'm using this teaching opportunity as my work experience as well so I have to keep that in mind when I'm making up plans etc.. to count towards hours.

After school tomorrow we might go into Madrid for a little while. I'd love to see some galleries or museums in the centre, Madrid is a huge culture hub that I can't wait to explore. I'll update you on my adventures tomorrow as they unfold.

Signing off, Senorita Reenan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment