Saturday 25 May 2019

Day 19- Back To School (Year 8's stories included)

Thursday we were back into the school again ready to continue on with our projects. We had Year 9's first, a class that has so far excelled at every task we've given them and completed them quicker than we could come up with new ones. Our original plan was to use their stories from the prompts (posted in Day 17) for our last class using them to show the kids how to adapt it to a stage setting, but we still had a class to fill until then. Having used all of our previous plans and then some already we simply placed them into groups again and got them to completely invent their own story, no prompts from us or characters made in another class. This worked quite well, and with it being Year 9's it was all finished within the hour so we had something to work with the following day.

We had to give up our Year 7 Class as they had drama so instead we spent the hour printing off the completed works (which in hindsight we did not realise quite how much work and time was involved in printing alone).

Afterwards we had Year 8's who finished their stories within the hour that we later went home to type up.



Year 8 Stories done in Groups, typed up word-for-word:


The Story of Jardel Roosvelt and his Magic Book


Jardel lives in a poor house with his mom and is very lonely. Jardel was a little boy and he didn't have any mouth, he also had white eyes but he could see perfectly. Jardel couldn't talk but he could write.

One day Jardel finds out that on the beach of his village there was a rock in the water that was like 30 metres away from the sand, so he decided to go swimming. Jardel was going to the gigantic rock and when he was about 10 meters away he found that the rock had a cave that went under the water. When he got to the cave he saw a gigantic hole that went down under water so he decided to go down when he got to the part that was on the ending he found a person dead that had a book and a pencil with a rubber. Jardel got the book and the pencil with the rubber to see what was that. On the front part of the book put "The Book of the Wishes". Jardel opened the book and saw that the book was blank so there he noticed that "the book of the wishes" meant that what you write on the book became real. Jardel tried writing these words "I wish to have a mouth and two beautiful and bright blue eyes". So, magically, Jardel now had a mouth and two beautiful eyes. So he decided to go back to his house and show it to his mom.

The next day…
Jardel wakes up and shows the book to his mom. Jardel's mom noticed that he had now a mouth and blue eyes and was very happy. But she didn't know how so Jardel showed the book to his mom and she was fascinated. Jardel's mom had the idea of writing that they had a beautiful and enormous house to told Jardel to write it and the magically they were in an enormous house with lots of food and lots of expensive things. His mom was now very happy. Jardel already used two wishes but what he didn't know is that each wish would take away ten years of his life.

Jardel made another three wishes that were:
  1. One billion dollars
  2. An expensive car
  3. Expensive clothes
These three wishes made Jardel die so his mom got very sad.

After a week his mom was still very sad so she committed suicide and their family buried her next to her son.



18th October 1973

Today, I saw that man again. He was there, looking at the door of the arrivals in the airport. Him, as always, with his pink shirt, blue trousers, pink socks and his black loafers. This time he came earlier, at six am. I saw him because I was organising the next flight to israel. I am going to pass the next two weeks there, if when I come I see him again, I will need to talk with him.

I went to Israel, and when I came back that man was still there. I asked him who was he waiting for. He said he was waiting for Rick Williams. The man looked serious. I told him I'm Rick Williams. He told me that he needs to speak to me, he knows something about my past.

I thought it was all a joke, so I told him to go home and never come back. He insisted. "Who are you?" I asked.
"You have to come with me".
"I'm not going with you"
"But you have to," he insisted.
"Let's go," I accepted.

20th October 1973
That man took me to my house, the house where my parents were murdered.
"Why are we here?"
"This is where you were born"
"I know, but how do you know? Who are you?
"Rick, I am…"
"Who? Tell me!"
"I am...your father."


Once, I woke up on a Tuesday morning, I looked out the window and it seemed like I was the only person on the Earth. As I walked down down town road in California. I saw lots of dead bodies on the floor. I was scared since I was all alone. So, then I thought to myself, “What should I do now?” After couple minutes of crying, I ran back to my house, grabbed the phone and called the police. Nobody responded. Suddenly, I knew I was getting very nervous. So, I didn't know what to do. I was like if I didn't learn nothing, or as if I was blocked.
The time was going really, really slow.
    A month later, it came the day for me to turn 17 years old, I didn't know how to celebrate it, seeing as nobody was in McDonald's, I decided to go there on my own, and eat a Big Mac on my own. Ten minutes after eating I started to cry, thinking that all my friends could have celebrated it with me on this special occasion.
    I was alone, and also was really scared because lots and lots of spiders, and not only that, also lots of different animals. I could only see some as monkeys, elephants, snakes, mouse, horse, makako, baboon and turtles.





















Maricarmen finds herself in a bookshop searching a book for a class project. Suddenly, a book caught her eye, a strange attracted her to it. As she reached to grab it, she noticed a soft leather material decorated it, and yet it gave an impression of an ancient book, dust covered it. A tiny voice whispered “Buy it, buy it.” Without thinking it twice, she grabbed the book, took out her purse, and bought it.
Once she arrived home, she was determined to open it and start the project. When, surprisingly, she was shocked to find all the pages blank, except one. The first page was marked in black ink, 'Maricarmen, whatever you write in this book will become true.' and written underneath were the initials 'J.P'. She immediately threw the book, as she felt the frustration running through her veins. What kind of a prank was that? Hate invaded her, as she thought about it even more. As soon as she read the message she immediately knew it was a prank.  She decided she would take advantage and give it use by using it as her diary, since she had recently finished her last one.
That night, as always, she started to write every one of her wishes on the first page, as she had done in most of her diaries. The next morning, the sun shined brighter, she awoke with the smile of her mother and father back from foreign countries. This was extremely unusual, since her father only visited them once a year at Christmas.
Once she arrived at school and found, surprisingly, Miguel waiting for her in the entrance, he greeted her. The next few months she became very popular, but she became more distant with Pablo, her best friend. Everything seemed perfect. But, it all seemed false. The laughs, the cries, all seemed to be false. She preferred her other life, she had to get rid of the cursed book that had changed her entire life.
She was determined to discover the truth as she walked into the same book shop she entered a few months ago. She asked how to get rid of the cursed life that the book gave her. The last attending her didn't understand a clue. But, out of nowhere,an old, experienced woman said “Write what you wish for now and throw it out of a window.” She ran home and did everything that the woman had said. The next morning, Pablo was waiting at school for her. Happiness filled her.
This was her life.



1 comment: