Friday 24 May 2019

Day 17- A Day for Work (Story Prompts, Year 8 characters and Year 9 stories included)

Tuesday was a busy day for us, but not in the usual we-did-a-lot-of-exploring sense but in a more productive and school related sense. We spent the start of our morning catching up on blogs that had been neglected before going into the school at 3:45 for an extra class with Year 8's. Within this class we got the class to do some writing games and exercises as all our previous classes had been rather lecture heavy, with us mostly giving a presentation on a topic and then getting them to write. This meant we hadn't really gotten to interact with the kids as much as we might've like but we made up for that today.
We performed exercises such as:
•Three Word Story
•Find a random page, random sentence and continue on with your own story.
•Build your own country
•Imagine a character's daily life in this new country

These worked really well with the kids and is something we plan on doing with Year 7 as well, we'd already used quite a few of them for Year 9 classes as they often finish their work quicker than we could anticipate.

Going home after this we continued on with typing up more of the classes finished stories as there had been no point in doing it beforehand as many were only half finished. It was a rather busy day for us, a small insight into the workload of a teacher which was honestly more than what we were expecting. But we're learning more and more each day with the kids, even just how to phrase things better for them to understand and how to help them with their writing which is something neither of us have ever really had to do outside of our college year group. It's been a learning process but we're getting there. And our project is going well so far, all characters have been created for each year, plus Year 7 and 9's have their stories finished whilst Year 8's have been harder to motivate into writing.



Below are the prompts we gave each year group for their stories:

  • Your character meets a ghost/monster

  • You wish upon what looks like a star but is actually a satellite, your wish has been recorded and an agent has now been assigned the task of granting your wish

  • You're scrolling through the pictures on your phone, you notice a new one, it is of you sleeping

  • Your character wakes up in bed drenched in salty ocean water

  • Your character is the last person on Earth, celebrating their own birthday

  • Your character faces their own deepest fear

  • Your character is granted one wish, but you have to use the wish for someone else

  • Your character works at an airport and notices the same person waiting in arrivals every week, each time they leave alone, one day you finally ask them who they're waiting for

  • A phone is found by your character inside a sealed Egyptian tomb

  • Your character finds a blank book and whatever they write in it comes true


And here is also Year 9's work with said prompts, some are written as individuals and some in groups, these are word for word their own stories:

La Jenny Year 9:

One day La Jenny was tidying up her room, when she found a book that wasn't hers. It was a matte black colour hardback. La Jenny, curious to see what was inside, opened it. On the first page there were some instructions, it said; write whatever you want in this book and it will come true. La Jenny didn't believe it but she decided to try it out to see if it was true. She wrote, "I want my room to be pink". As she closed the book the room turned pink.



La Jenny Airport Juan

La Jenny was a very lazy and unstudious girl who finally got her job as security in Geneva International Airport. She finally arrived there with a lot of money won by internet work. She rented a small apartment in the airport surroundings. Throughout a term everything was normal. All this ended when she saw a dark person who always, every Friday he waited in the airport. Always in the terminal coming from California (USA). After almost another month La Jenny suspected and stopped the guy, the guy called Charlie was a businessman who came to Geneva regularly.

He always came to meetings with the Spanish multibillionare construction manager Juan Antonio. Juan Antonio actually came to search for Charlie to explain to everything, it turned out to be legal so Charlie left the airport in Juan Antonio's Range Rover. The business trip was good finance the building of a luxury state neighborhood by the Laban (?) Lake and a new tower in LA. This indeed made both even more multibillionares.

Next week, Charlie returned to the airport and talked with La Jenny before returning to GSA. Juan Antonio became now the richest business man in the world. Later on, La Jenny became his cleaner and servant with a high salary. For the rest of her life, La Jenny cleaned his luxury cars, caravan, mansion and hangar. In addition she was Juan Antonio's professional chef. She lived with a payment of 9000 EHF. In some years, she retired happily

She got an extra payment, cleaning the house for the visit of the "Jeke" from UAE for another houser project.



Bruno

Your character meets a ghost/monster:

It was 1:30am and I woke up to get a glass of water when suddenly I heard someone shouting "ohhhh!", but no one was there. Then I asked, "Who are you?" but I got no answer. I thought I was going crazy, so I got back into bed but on my way back I heard a glass break. In that moment I knew there was a ghost, so I went to see if there really was a ghost. I asked him his name, he answered "Iagooo," so I tried to call the Ghostbusters so they could help me. In five minutes they were here and they helped me to catch the ghost and the theme song started to play.

The End



Violeta

You're scrolling through the pictures on your phone, you notice a new one, it is of you sleeping.

I don't know what time it is, when I dream time seems to pass so fast and I'm so tired, yesterday's training was exhausting. I try to go back to sleep and I think it worked…

It smells good, something like cocoa and sugar. The room is hot and although I have my eyes closed I notice that there is some kind of light on, maybe it's morning already but when I open my eyes my surprise can't be greater, it's still midnight but I can see a shadow on the wall. It's a curvy silhouette with delicate features, she's too small to be Chris (my ex), probably another admirer. I decide to go and surprise her so dressed only in my underwear I walk next to her. Suddenly I'm confused, she's got my phone in her hands and she's scrolling through my gallery, only to see me sleeping.
"You're such a creep," I say.
She turns, her eyes are big and red and in her big smile you can see her sharp thin teeth. I'm amused and I have to say, I'm a bit scared but I won't let her know. I start to lose my breath, am I nervous? No, that's impossible. I feel choked up and dizzy. She's glaring at me, her devil eyes transpassing my soul and all of a sudden I'm alone in my bed, only to see the same pictures she was looking at on my phone.




Sharlie Matt group-Airport prompt


Sharlie works in the info secorr of the Adolf-Suaréz Madrid Barajas. Every week he sees a suspicious man. One day he sees his bag. Bogdan Rudeños, a famous wanted terrorist that has changed his face too look like a normal civilian. Sharlie tries to warn the police but they don't believe him. Sharlie decides to chase him with his electric wheelchair, he drifts and blocks him when the terrorist tries to detonate his bomb. Sharlie shoots his water gun and hits the controls making it fall. The police soon came and identified the man as Abdoll Bogdan Rudeños III.





Elisa year 9

Your character is the last person on earth, celebrating their own Birthday.

I wake up at 8:30am. I almost forgot today is my 34th birthday. My mother is probably down in the kitchen as she has been for every birthday since I bought my first home. I get out of bed and go down to the kitchen expecting to see my mother. I enter the kitchen and to my surprise no one is there. How strange, my mother has never missed my birthday morning. I get my phone and call her. No one answers. I call my parents home, there is still no answer. Maybe they are sleeping, I think.

It is Sunday, so I get dressed to go to run some errands. I get in the car and start driving. Usually there is traffic on Sundays, but today were no cars in the street. It's like it was deserted. I got to the supermarket, and parked in the street. Still no cars and no one walking on the street. I go in and no one is there, I started freaking out. I haven't seen anyone today. Where has everyone gone?


Also so far all the completed work we have for Year 8's are their characters which can be seen here:




Name: Maricommen Olivier Ruiz Pérez del Molinar
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Physical Description:
•Long black hair
•Short
•Blue Eyes
• Dark (?) skin with    freckles
Personality: She's a billionaire.  Kind, intelligent (but gets bad grades as she doesn't want to study). She's from Cuba.
Relationships:
•She has a friend called Pedro
•She has 3 brothers
•Her best friend is called Pablo
•She has a gay friend called Miguel.
•She has a complicated love life.
Name: Rick
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Physical Description:
•Black hair
•Green eyes
•Toned
• 1.80cm in height
Strengths/Flaws:
•Serious
•Strong and Brave
• Claustrophobic
Name: Salvador
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Physical Description:
•Black hair
•Greenish eyes
•Prominent jaw line
•Oval face
Strengths/Flaws:
•Generous but mean
•Smart but bad grades
•Innovative
•Active (sporty)
Name: Jourael Rossevelt Wallace II
Age: 10
Gender: Male
Physical Description:
•large hair
•Short
•Stupid
•Mariposon (?)
•Deformed
•White eyes
•Pig Nose
•No mouth or eyebrows
•Thin

Strengths/Flaws:
•Good at football, bad at basketball
•Good at talking to girls but bad at talking to girls
•Posh.













No comments:

Post a Comment