Friday 20 October 2017

Couscous, by Sylvia

Couscous
Sylvia
Once upon a time there was a lonely banana in a supermarket. His name was Couscous and he was the only banana left on the shelf because he was a little bit squished.
One day a scientist came into the shop and put an orange he had been experimenting on next to Couscous.
“Why are you here?” asked Couscous.
“I don´t know. I was under anaesthetic and have just woken up.” Said the strange orange.
“What´s your name?” asked Couscous
“I think it´s… Juice … that´s all I can remember.”
“I´m Couscous” said Couscous
“Why are you here Juice?” said Couscous.
“Well an anatomist took me…I don’t remember anything more...” said Juice.
“What is your dream?” asked Couscous.
“Well,” said Juice. “I would like to have more friends.”
Couscous told Juice that if he wanted, he would be his friend. Juice, surprised, started jumping. When Juice was finished his dance he asked Couscous what his dream was. Couscous got serious. He told Juice that he wanted to turn everyone, and the entire world, into banana’s.
Juice’s face changed. He looked mad and disappointed. He approached Couscous and said with an angry voice: “You would turn me into a banana? I thought we were friends!”
“Juice, you will always be my friend,” said Couscous.
Juice looked at him and gasped. “I cannot be your friend, you are going to turn me into a banana, and then it would be nonsense for my name to be Juice because banana’s don’t have juice!”.
Couscous started to change his opinion. He liked his dream, it made him happy. He sat on the floor and thought, reflected. Then he approached Juice told him with a very happy face that he is not going to follow his dream, but instead develop are nicer, more beautiful one. Juice was so happy. He went running to Couscous to give him a hug and – “THOMAS, STOP PLAYING WITH THAT FRUIT!” said Thomas’s mother. Thomas put the banana and the orange back on the shelf where he got them, and re-joined his mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment