Friday 20 October 2017

Couscous, by Bea

Couscous
Bea
Once upon a time there was a lonely banana in a supermarket. His name was Couscous and he was the only banana left on the shelf because he was a little bit squished.
One day a scientist came into the shop and put an orange he had been experimenting on next to Couscous.
“Why are you here?” asked Couscous.
“I don´t know. I was under anaesthetic and have just woken up.” Said the strange orange.
“What´s your name?” asked Couscous
“I think it´s… Juice … that´s all I can remember.”
“I´m Couscous” said Couscous
“That scientist played with me!” said Juice, scratching his head and seeming quite annoyed.
“I’m also quite different. I am a bit squishy, but in a way that’s better, because I will never be turned into my worst nightmare!” exclaimed Couscous.
“And that nightmare is…” Juice said impatiently.
“Being turned into a banana split!” said Couscous, terrified. “But I know how to prevent it from happening: Turning the world and everyone in it into a giant banana! Yipee!” Said Couscous excitedly.
Then suddenly something rare, something very rare happened.
“I’m flying!” said Juice.
“Oh no! Someone is taking you to make juice!” Said Couscous worriedly.
“I know, that’s my name!” said Juice.
“God, I don’t know what I can do…except…” Couscous had an idea “unless I can escape and save my only friend!” said Couscous sentimentally.
As Couscous thought of an effective, fast but safe plan, Juice was in a cart being moved all around the supermarket and the poor thing was at the bottom of the cart with all the other food piled on top of him; it would be difficult to get him out of there.
“Couscous! You’re right, they want to make JUICE out of me! Help! I really need you Couscous!” cried Juice the Orange.
“I am going to save you from there Juice. We are friends and we always will be! I’m coming but…try keep them distracted. In the worst case scenario, break the Fruity Law” said Couscous, trying his best to save his friend.
“Okay Couscous, thanks. But…If I break the fruity law I could end up like a pet…trapped in a cage or in a museum!” said Juice, very worried.
“That is still better than being turned into juice so if you need to do it then do it. If you think about it, you could be famous. Nobody has ever seen talking fruit,” said Couscous while he jumped off the shelf onto the white, clean floor.
Couscous darted around all the people walking around in that supermarket. Sometimes he hid since part of the Fruit Law was to never be seen moving around. Occasionally he would trip and fall on the floor. Suddenly he saw Juice climbing out of the cart with about 10 people observing the sight. But that didn’t matter. Juice was safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment