Saturday 3 June 2017

We Stayed in Madrid and Learning a Language

We stayed in Madrid and learning a language

We stayed in Madrid on our last weekend there and I’m so glad we did. There was a big match on and we had left booking the hostels until last minute so our choices were limited as nearly everywhere was booked out. This is something I’ll know not to do next time I stay in a hostel. It was like a sauna in the 6 bed dorm and the air conditioning was broken. What were the chances? I was six floors up and in a tiny little room but despite that, it really was just a place to sleep and for the time I was there I was delighted to be! Getting the opportunity to chat to more people. Everyone in the dorm was there on their own so most people were open to chatting and being friendly. It left me eager to want to stay in hostels again and not be afraid to share a dorm with people I didn’t know. Bring a lock though, just in case, as the lockers didn’t have them and we had to buy our own. I now know that if I want to travel solo for a while, I can and it’s exciting!

 


Staying in Madrid allowed us to immerse ourselves in the culture and explore the city even more. We got a better taste of the Spanish lifestyle and it is well worth doing. It has left me wanting to learn the language more than ever. That was one thing that held us back throughout our stay – the language barrier. It meant we couldn’t really communicate with others and I felt bad for not having any Spanish. It’s much lonelier when you can’t speak with others and it’s harder to make friends with anyone from the area. As soon as I’m back and settled I will be starting Spanish on Duolingo!

No comments:

Post a Comment