Saturday 3 June 2017

Last Day of Classes

Last day of classes

Everything was worth it! Any struggles that we had stopped mattering. The anxieties or tensions dissipated when we saw the work tied together, and really got to see what we had created with the students. They were sad it was our last class with them but they were excited to see the finished story with all of their ideas put together!



 We did murder mystery stories with the year eight’s and they were divided into three groups, so each group got to present their story to the others. With the year sevens we combined everyone’s ideas into one complete story and they all stood up and took turns reading it out. Everyone was happy and smiling and we got to see that no matter what the outcome was, there would still be an outcome and it would be a positive one! When I first went over I didn’t know what to expect but I soon realised that neither did the students. There was no expectation except to do our best. Mistakes happened and sometimes we had to improvise in the classes, but overall it went well!

In retrospect I know what I would like to have done differently and I know there is so much more I would like to have done if I could have. And hopefully I will get the chance to do so somewhere in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment