Wednesday 31 May 2017

Alpredrete Comes to Life

Alpedrete comes to life! (I promise)




Before we left we were told that Alpedrete is a sleepy village with not a lot to do but when I arrived it wasn’t nearly as quiet as I thought. Having grown up in the country side with little around for miles and miles, the array of individual shops and restaurants was much to my liking. However, admittedly I grew to realise there wasn’t a lot to do after a few days. This all changed when the festival came to the village half way through our second week. It almost seemed ridiculous how lively Alpedrete was in comparison to what it’s normally like.

On the first night a huge stage was set up with a sound and light system almost as good as what you would get in the Three Arena!


On the weekend there is food in the main plaza where you will eat some if the nicest steaks. There is copious amounts of live music both during the day and at night, and while it wasn’t all to my taste, the buzz in the town was enough to want to be there for a while! People travel from all over to be there and teenagers in particular hang out in the park where the carnival is set up for the duration of the festival (which we didn’t realise until the last night!) One of the best parts for me were the fireworks at the end which was definitely worth going out for!

No comments:

Post a Comment